- Begin scientific notation. Practice writing numbers in standard format and scientific notation.
- Begin metric measurements of mass. Cover English and SI units of mass. Cover relationship between mass, weight and the force of gravity and cover Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation. Video The Elegant Universe- Einstein's Secret. Mini Lab: Use the Triple-beam balance to determine mass of objects.
- Cover English and SI units of volume. Lab: Determine the volume of objects using a graduated cylinder, water displacement, l x w x h, and π x r2 x h
- Wrap-up mass and volume. Cover density. Determine the density of objects.
- Test: Determine the mass of objects, density of objects and volume of objects using a triple-beam balance, graduated cylinder, SI ruler, water displacement, and the formulas l x w x h, and π x r2 x h